PLASTIC & AESTHETIC SURGEON
A reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgeon, Dr. Alessandro Gennai completed his specialization in general surgery cum laude at the University of Modena, Italy. In 1994 he finished cum laude the International School of Aesthetic Medicine at the Fatebenefratelli Foundation in Rome. In 1999 he was awarded a private fellowship at the prestigious Isse Institute directed by Prof. Nicanor Isse, a pioneer and father of the endoscopic technique for the face.
The period in Los Angeles was particularly relevant in that he acquired theoretical and practical notions in the endoscopic techniques for facial surgery. Thanks to his great competence in the field of facial endoscopic surgery, Dr. Alessandro Gennai was the inventor of the M.I.V.E.L. (Minimal Incisions Vertical Endoscopic Lifting) technique, published in 2013 in the prestigious American journal OPRS (Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery).
In the course of his specialist career in facial surgery he has enhanced the studies of the use of stem cells originating in adipose tissue for the rejuvenation and regeneration of tissues; his studies and his experience in the field of stem cells have enabled him to develop the S.E.F.F.I. (Superficial Enhanced Fluid Fat Injection) and the MicroS.E.F.F.I. techniques, which were published as well in such prestigious American scientific journals as ASJ (Aesthetic Surgery Journal) and JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery.
In the field of aesthetic surgery he has often been both speaker and teacher in both national and international congresses and courses. In the course of his career he has published more than 20 works in national and international scientific reviews.
Dr. Alessandro Gennai, as author and as co-author, has published 9 scientific texts. He is currently a member of the EAFPS (European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery) and AICPE (Italian Association of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeons). He currently serves as a Professor under contract of non-invasive techniques at the University of Camerino, Italy.
￼￼• University of Modena, 1982 – 1988 Doctor in Medicine and Surgery graduate cum laude
• University of Modena 1989 – 1994 General Surgery residency graduate cum laude
• Military Hospital of Padova 1989 – 1990 Medical Officer in Surgery department
• Hospital Fondazione Fatebenefratelli , Roma 1991 – 1994 Aesthetic Medicine residency
graduate cum laude
• 1999 ISSE Institute, Los Angeles, USA, (Prof. Nicanor Isse). Fellowship in the endoscopic
technique in facial surgery
Technical and practical professional updates abroad:
• Nizza Hospital University, Nizza, France
• Clinic of Aesthetic Surgery, Barcellona, Spain (Prof. Planas)
• Clinic of Plastic Surgery, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (Prof. Ribeiro and Prof. Pontes)
• Clinic of Plastic Surgery, Buenos Aires, Argentina (Prof. Yuri)
• Baptist Hospital Istitute for Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Nashville, U.S.A. • Columbs Clinic, Chicago, U.S.A (Prof. Mc Kinney and Prof. Toriumi)
● The European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS) since 2006
● Associazione Italiana Chirurgia Plastica ed Estetica (AICPE)
Prof Alessandro Gennai practices ONLY in ITALY