SEFFI and MicroSEFFI – Bologna [Oct, 1 2016]
Under the patronage of AICPE
The SEFFI and MicroSEFFI Course
= Theoretical and Practical Tools =
Teacher: Dr. Alessandro Gennai
Date: October, 1st 2016
ECM: 10 credits
Venue: CPMA- VALET Divisione didattica – Bologna ITALIA
tel. +39 051 6388334 – email@example.com
Dear Friends and Collegues,
Following to the publication of the S.E.F.F.I. technique in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal and the JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery in 2015, and more recently the publication of the Micro S.E.F.F.I. technique in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal in 2016, many Collegues have asked for the opportunity of getting to know both techniques in more details: in collaboration with Valet and under the patronage of our AICPE association I have organized this first international course on both techniques. I am particularly proud to say here that my entire remuneration from this course will be donated to AICPE-ONLUS.
The course is meant to provide the theoretical and practical tools for use of the S.E.F.F.I. and Micro S.E.F.F.I. techniques for face rejuvenation where tissues are regenerated and volumes restored. Through these techniques face rejuvenation is achieved by exploiting the potential of adipocytes and ADSC (Adipose Derived Stem Cells) to be found in the SVF (Stromal Vascular Fraction). These techniques can be combined with face surgery like MIVEL, traditional lifting, blepharoplasty and suspension threads as well as with aesthetic medicine treatments like laser, peeling, needling, radiofrequency, ultrasounds, filler and botulinum toxin.
Both techniques can be performed as day surgery with no need for hospitalization.
The course includes an earlier theoretical part where the rationale and the protocol for the techniques are explained in details, then followed by live surgery from the surgery room.
COURSE PROGRAM – Saturday 1st October 2016
08:30 – 13:30
- Physiology of the aging face: characteristics and anatomical changes based on age and gender, modern concepts in the approach to face rejuvenation
- Comparison of the major fat grafting techniques: pros and cons, and the role of SVF (Stromal Vascular Fraction), ADSC (Adipose Derived Stem Cells) and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) in regenerating the facial tissue
- Introduction and rationale of the S.E.F.F.I. (Superficial Enhanced Fluid Fat Injection) and Micro S.E.F.F.I. techniques
- Patient selection, preoperative consent and exams, photographs, case study, drawing up of the face treatment map, protocol for the preparation of the tissue, implantation technique and tutorial video detailing the steps.
13:30 – 14:30
- Lunch break
14:30 – 17:30
Live surgery practice on patients: live application of the S.E.F.F.I. and Micro S.E.F.F.I. techniques on patients treated live from the ambulatory surgery room at DH MULTIMED
- Q&A session and final ECM evaluation test
Skin Rejuvenation and Volume Enhancement with the Micro Superficial Enhanced Fluid Fat Injection (M-SEFFI) for Skin Aging of the Periocular and Perioral Regions
Alessandro Gennai, MD; Alessandra Zambelli, MD; Erica Repaci, PhD; Rodolfo Quarto, MD; Ilaria Baldelli, MD; Giulio Fraternali, PhD; and Francesco P. Bernardini, MD
Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2016; doi: 10.1093/asj/sjw084 • May 2016
Full abstract here – Full article here
Gennai-Bernardini cannulae for S.E.F.F.I. and Micro S.E.F.F.I. surgical techniques are manufactured by Bontempi based on the authors’ directions. The authors do not receive royalties.